Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Freedom, and my mean husband

Last night was Don's final night working graveyard shift. We're confident he'll find a new job soon; he just applied for a job at BYU which will be great for letting him take the pre-requisite classes he needs to get into grad school.

So last night he got in around 2:30 AM, having only needed to work half a shift. This is basically what happened when he walked in.

Don: Maggie, get up, it's time for you to go to work!
Maggie (groggy and too blind to see the clock without my glasses or contacts): Groan. I'm so tired!
Don: Get up, you have to be at work!
Maggie: Give me fifteen more minutes!
Don: No, you'll be late for work.
Maggie: Fifteen more minutes!
Don: Do you know what time it is?
Maggie: Fifteen more minutes!
Don: No, you'd better wake up.
(At which point I stumble out of bed scowling, grab the alarm clock and figure out what time it really is. Don starts laughing, I groan again and crawl back into bed)
Don: Aw, you have such a mean husband.
Maggie: Hmph!

I don't know why he thought it was so funny last night, although I am laughing about it this afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You probably deserved the prank. Way to go, Don!